Stepping On for Balance – Watch this video to see what it is about.
Stepping On Workshops – 7 Week Session offered several times a year at the Senior Resource Center and the LCO
Next Stepping On Workshop Series TBD
Info will be posted
Stepping On is designed specifically for people who are: 1) at risk of falling, 2) have a fear of falling, or 3) who have fallen one or more times. Participants meet for two hours a week for seven weeks. Workshops are facilitated by trained Leaders and provide a safe and positive learning experience.
It is the process in which the program is taught that makes it effective. Classes are highly participative; mutual support and success build participants’ confidence in their ability to manage their health behaviors, reduce their risk of falls, and maintain active and fulfilling lives.
Who should take the workshop?
Stepping On is for older adults who:
- Live in their home or independent apartment
- Are able to walk without the help of another person
- Do not use a walker, scooter or wheelchair most of the time indoors
- Are cognitively intact
- Understand the language being used by the Stepping On Leader
Subjects covered include:
- Simple and fun strength and balance exercises
- The role vision plays in keeping your balance
- How medications can contribute to falls
- Ways to stay safe when out and about in your community
- What to look for in safe footwear
- How to check your home for safety hazards
- Learn to step outside your home with confidence
- Learn with people your own age
- Become more aware of fall hazards and learn how your fall risk can be reduced
- Study the most up-to-date information on falls prevention
- Help others by sharing what has worked for you
Past Stepping On Workshop Series You May Have Missed!