The Sawyer County Senior Resource Center and it’s satellite Meal Site locations offer many programs and services to address it’s residents’ needs:
- Nutrition through our Congregate Lunch service and Meals on Wheels Programs
- Exercise classes to keep the body strong and moving
- Social programs for fun like Bingo, cards and dominoes as well as other special interests
- Bus Service for local transportation within a 4 mile radius of downtown Hayward
- Periodic Wellness Classes on a variety of topics to both inform and help you maintain your independence and health
- Footcare through a partnership with community supporters
Outside of what is listed, contact your local Senior Resource Center site to see what’s happening in your area of the woods.
Adult Day Respite (on an as-needed basis)
The Adult Day Respite Program is for persons with Alzheimer’s disease or related disorder. The purpose of our respite program is two-fold. First, to provide activities for persons with Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders in a caring environment; and second, to provide respite and supportive services to caregivers.
The respite program is a one-day a week social activity program which offers games, exercise, sing-a-longs, reminiscence, storytelling, current events, and other events especially designed for persons with dementia. Staff, along with volunteers, will provide individualized attention to participants in the program.
The Caregiver Support Group meets the second Tuesday of the month at 1pm in the lower level of the Hayward Senior Resource Center.
The Senior Resource Center offers several exercise classes through our Health Promotions Coordinator Jodi Olney. Click here for more information – Fitness Classes with Jodi Olney
Footcare is offered on an appointment basis with Holly Duffy.