Every Nonprofit needs the help of a volunteer workforce in order to be successful especially when budgets are thin and the need is great.
We have a wide range of volunteer opportunities including:
- Meals On Wheels Drivers and Substitute Drivers
- Answering phones taking messages for the Center or reservations for Lunch meals.
- Assisting our cooks with the lunch service – includes answering phones and taking reservations, checking people in, cleaning tables, putting out the place settings and cutlery, making coffee and serving milk.
- People who are willing to travel to local businesses to put up posters for Senior Center events and fundraisers as well as collecting donations.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
- Assisting senior shoppers: Helping on and off the bus, in the grocery store if needed, helping get groceries on bus and into house. Typical shopping in Thursday afternoon 2 to 3:15 pm or Tuesday afternoon 2 to 3 and some morning. Shopping trips can be scheduled around volunteer help.
- Substitute Home Delivered Meal routes. Typical route: Pick up meals around 10:45 am, depending on where the route is, typically an hour to hour and half. Meal routes are Monday – Friday. We especially need help on days when we have send out freezer meals before a holiday or if we are going to be closed.
- Answering phone from 8 to 9 am at the Hayward site, helping with prepacking foods for routes. And helping with getting the new scanner system up and running. This can be most anytime, until we have it all set up. Answering phone and taking messages on Tuesday when we are without office staff. Morning is the critical time from 9 to noon.
If interested please call the Senior Center office at (715) 634-3000 during regular hours Monday through Friday from 8am to 4pm and leave your name, contact information (including email address if you have one) and any areas of interest you might have.
Thank you very much for helping the Senior Center!
Wisconsin State Law does require that all volunteers and employees pass a background check in order to work at the Senior Center.