Every Nonprofit needs the help of a volunteer workforce in order to be successful especially when budgets are thin and the need is great.
We have a wide range of volunteer opportunities including:
- Meals On Wheels Drivers and Substitute Drivers
- Answering phones taking messages for the Center or reservations for Lunch meals.
- Assisting our cooks with the lunch service – includes answering phones and taking reservations, checking people in, cleaning tables, putting out the place settings and cutlery, making coffee and serving milk.
- Working with our Advisory Board and helping with special functions like Bake Sales or Social Events
- Writing articles for the newspaper and Sawyer County Compass newsletter
- We could use a few Mr. (or Miss) Fix-Its for simple repairs
- Help with Thursday Night Progressive Bingo – we can use volunteers to call back / verify winning cards and can use people comfortable with calling the bingo games themselves.
- People who are willing to travel to local businesses to put up posters for Senior Center events and fundraisers as well as collecting donations
- General helpers at events like Hog Fest, Bingo on the Patio
If interested please call the Senior Center office at (715) 634-3000 during regular hours Monday through Friday from 8am to 4pm and leave your name, contact information (including email address if you have one) and any areas of interest you might have.
Thank you very much for helping the Senior Center!