Welcome, we’re glad you stopped by !
We are the Sawyer County Senior Resource Center serving the residents of Sawyer County in the beautiful northwoods of Wisconsin through our Main Office in Hayward, WI as well as our 5 satellite locations in Stone Lake, Exeland, Spider Lake and Winter, Wisconsin.
The Senior Resource Center in Hayward is affiliated with GWaar, one of three regional agencies on aging in Wisconsin that administer federal and state resources for the development of programs and services for older adults. The mission of the GWaar is to affect positive change in the quality , efficiency and effectiveness of county and tribal aging units in order to preserve and enhance the quality of life of older adults in Northern Wisconsin. The programs of the Senior Resource Center are designed to achieve this mission.
We have a newspaper – The COMPASS – which is published 6 times a year and contains not only meal menus but program offerings as well as informative articles and a column from each of the site locations. The COMPASS is available at all meal site locations and there is a link to the online version on this website.
The Sawyer County Senior Resource Center and it’s satellite Meal Site locations offer many programs and services to address our residents’ needs and engage the community:
- Nutrition through our Congregate Lunch service and Meals on Wheels Programs
- Exercise classes to keep the body strong and moving – Silver Sneakers, Yoga and Fitness Classes
- Social programs – Bingo, cards and dominoes as well as artistic programs like Woodworking and Art groups. Or just a nice place to meet with friends and enjoy a good cup of coffee.
- The Hayward location also has a handicapped accessible bus that travels within a 5 mile radius of the downtown area and for a small fee transports people to the Center as well as shopping and medical stops. Reservation appointments must be made in advance by calling the office at (715) 634-3000.
- Periodic Wellness Classes on a variety of topics to both inform and help you maintain your independence and health
- Footcare and Massage Services through a partnership with community supporters
- Adult Respite Care and Caregiver Support
- We partner with local agencies to provide a means to connect you with other services that may meet your individual needs
- Each site also has an Advisory Committee which not only helps to support their local site but also plans fun monthly activities such as birthday and holiday celebrations as well as the occasional bake sale fundraiser for some of the tastiest treats you can find within the county borders.
We are really proud of what we can offer to the community. Please have a look around and feel free to contact our Main Office in Hayward at (715) 634-3000 Monday through Friday 8am to 4pm or any of our satellite sites if you have additional questions. We’re here to help!