The Sawyer County Senior Resource Center and it’s satellite Meal Site locations offer many programs and services to address it’s residents’ needs:
- Nutrition through our Congregate Lunch service and Meals on Wheels Programs
- Exercise classes to keep the body strong and moving – Silver Sneakers, Yoga and Fitness Classes
- Social programs for fun like Bingo, cards and dominoes as well as artistic programs like Woodworking and Art groups
- Bus Service for local transportation within a 4 mile radius of downtown Hayward
- Periodic Wellness Classes on a variety of topics to both inform and help you maintain your independence and health
- Footcare and Massage Services through a partnership with community supporters
Outside of what is listed, contact your local Senior Resource Center site to see what’s happening in your area of the woods.
Adult Day Respite
The Adult Day Respite Program is for persons with Alzheimer’s disease or related disorder. The purpose of our respite program is two-fold. First, to provide activities for persons with Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders in a caring environment; and second, to provide respite and supportive services to caregivers.
The respite program is a one-day a week social activity program which offers games, exercise, sing-a-longs, reminiscence, storytelling, current events, and other events especially designed for persons with dementia. Staff, along with volunteers, will provide individualized attention to participants in the program.
The Caregiver Support Group meets the second Tuesday of the month at 1pm in the lower level of the Hayward Senior Resource Center.
The Senior Resource Center offers several exercise classes through our Health Promotions Coordinator Jodi Olney. Click here for more information – Fitness Classes with Jodi Olney
Hatha Yoga Classes
Offered at the Senior Resource Center through a partnership with WITC (Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College).
Hatha Yoga is a very gentle style of yoga that combines stretching with breath work to connect the body, mind and spirit.
- improve oxygen capacities with breath work techniques
- stretch and strengthen muscles gently
- improve flexibility, mobility, balance, strength and circulation
- reduce stress and tension
- increase your concentration and focus
- manage chronic pain in muscles, bones and joints
- discover and relax into that inner peace that is your true nature
You must register at the WITC Offices 15618 Windrose Ln #106, Hayward, WI 54843 (next to L&M Supply) or call the Hayward office at (715) 634-5167
Class size limited.
Instructor: Mary Jo Jirik, RYT. Call Mary Jo at 715-634-0556 to register.
Click here for the 2019 Class Schedule – Yoga Schedule for 2019 Mary Jo Jurik
Learn about all the benefits of massage and other wellness services. Marj a Licensed Massage Therapist, is now taking appointments at her home for her healing services. Call Marj for an appointment 715-558-2499.
Footcare is offered on an appointment basis with Holly Duffy at the lower level of the Hayward Senior Resource Center.